Sunday, August 25, 2013

Tutus and tuxedos day at daycare

I am horrified to admit it, but I did indeed by the baby a tutu.  But - but! - this was in support of an event at daycare.  And, possibly, if I am to be totally honest, in hopes of dressing up Gus as well.  I have promised the Ouma lots of photos, so here are a few, at least.  So far, none of Gus as a pretty pretty princess, but we'll work on that.

"No black socks," he says.  "She looks like an emo cabbage patch doll," he says.  Apparently babycakes agrees.
A baby accessory!  I felt like she needed a little something.  No baby-sized pearls, so a rattle bracelet was good enough.  How sad, baby, that you should be settling for mediocrity already.  Try to care just a little, will you?





Miss T and her daughter looked amazing.  Pink sparkly eye shadow and all.  June was very under-dressed.  And that tutu being dragged across the floor there was lovingly hoooome maaade, out of fair-trade organic tulle with hemp thread and all natural dyes, no doubt.  (Pot, kettle, whatever.)
And, I'll add, to get the coordinated pants effect, we had to use pants that were perhaps a little too small.  All hopes that I would somehow magically dress my baby better than myself are dashed.  At least she matches?

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing pictures!! Lots of peer pressure even in day care. Juni looks VEEEERY dubious about all this. Can't wait to see Gus.
    This is actually Peggy commenting on Tom's gmail acct.

    ReplyDelete