Saturday, August 3, 2013

Catching up III: Early Days, Part One

We are quite lucky in that the pets have generally accepted the new loud and smelly addition to the household that is monopolizing the vast majority of our time.  Lulu believes Giant Baby is her very own salt lick and as with most things, Gus is unsure of what to make of her and more or less keeping his distance.  Fat Pete is, of course, oblivious.



A Law and Order marathon gave Ouma an excuse to cuddle with Giant Baby for half a day, never mind the baby was exposed to more rape and murder in a day than pillaging Vikings (yes, yes, E, I know).
A few more pics from the first few weeks. June had fairly red hair when she was born, but it's been steadily falling out (more on that later) and getting a bit blonder.  Her eyes are still blue blue, for now, at least.


Dad is trying so hard to not break the baby.
One other notable feature June sported was the most tremendously fat arms of any baby I have ever seen.  Don't get me wrong, the rest of her is covered in little rolls and she's a delightfully chubby baby, but her arms were really something else.  The rolls on these things were so gigantic and extensive that her elbows were entirely obscured and a casual glance at her arms did not immediately reveal their orientation; frequently, her little baby arms seemed as though they were on backward.  Now, they simply look like sausages.  Maybe by the time she hits middle school they will have normal proportions.


.


After a week of staying at home, we were ready for something to do.  Being an entirely self-loathing yuppie, I packed up the baby and headed off to Whole Foods where I toted her around in a special yuptastic baby sling.  If I were planning better, I would have made sure I had the Prius that day.  At least that has been remedied recently and I now have a mom-Prius all to myself.  


I am noticing that  there is a shortage of photos of June's grandma and grandpa.  Don't be deceived: they have visited frequently, squeezed June appropriately, and generally adored her.  I believe their photos are on E's phone, which I will raid shortly. 


3 comments:

  1. Great Dymond-family-becomes-three updates! Now, for the house.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. Maybe that should have been Dymond-family-becomes-seven....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Five. The cats don't count. They are second class citizens in our house.

      Delete