Thursday, August 1, 2013

Catching up I: The Pregnancy

Right.  So I was pregnant.  Then came a baby, something that often happens after one becomes pregnant.  Following the baby came the grandmothers politely requesting photos, and the aunt not-so politely threatening bodily harm unless she receives a daily update.  And so, to stave off future threats, I thought I would simply throw photos out into the internet void, and if the grandmothers and aunts and whoever else choose to look at them, so much the better for everyone involved.  For any others that wish they could squish the giant baby but don't have the means at the moment, we'll squish her for you, then take pictures of the squishing and be properly horrified we are sharing them in a public forum.  So, here we go, starting - embarrassingly enough - with me.

At Lex and Aaron's wedding (so just about 5 months), and still in the kitchen.  It's a crying shame I don't have pictures from Passover, 8 months along and still hiding in the kitchen.  Probably best none of us remember that night too clearly.
This was taken somewhere during month 6 (Februaryish), I believe, in the room we were just getting ready to put together for the baby.  Really smart to wait until the third trimester to start painting the nursery.  I think we got the furniture in (some of it, anyhow) the week before she came.  Cutting it close!

I believe this was taken at dinner for mom's birthday on March 30 at about 35 weeks in.  Those boots did not fit so well on my rapidly fattening feet, although my feet had yet to reach the phenomenally sausage-like proportions they finished with.
"Look!" mom says. "Look, I'll be able to show your daughter her parents before you were born!  Look!"  Well, giant baby, here we are, being tortured by parents with cameras.  Hopefully the focus will shift to you and they'll leave us alone.



This series was taken by Ben during end days: April 20 at a rugby playoff game in Aberdeen. 



Next up: photos of the birth!





No, I'm kidding.  I promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment